IPC2019 Moves to Prague
10 reasons to attend the 13th International Scientific Conference on Probiotics, Prebiotics, Gut Microbiota and Health - IPC2019
Probiotics are nonpathogenic live microorganism that can provide a diverse health benefits on the host. Prebiotics is a non-digestible fiber compounds that induce the growth or activity of microorganisms. Taking probiotics plus prebiotics could bring diverse types of health benefits. Probiotics are consumed in diverse ways including dairy product, food supplements and functional foods with specific health claims. Recently, many reports suggest that certain probiotic strains or multi strain mixture have potent immunomodulatory activity in diverse disorders including allergic asthma, atopic dermatitis and rheumatoid arthritis. However some of the probiotic strains have an adverse effect on people with underlying health problems or immuno-compromised individuals. In addition, however, efficacy of probiotic administration is quite different depending on the type of strains and the amounts of doses and underlying mechanism of action is still unclear. By attending the International Scientific Conference on Probiotics, Prebiotics, Gut Microbiota and Health - IPC2019, you will have a chance to expand your ideas on recent advances made in the science of probiotics, highlighting their current and future roles in maintaining health and preventing diseases. The next IPC will be held during 17th - 20th June 2019 in Prague Congress Centre, Czech Republic.
There are 10 reasons why you have to attend IPC2019. The main topics of IPC2019:
- Prebiotics - How does it work and how to develop a novel prebiotics.
- Human milk oligosaccharides as prebiotics and immune modulator.
- How to get an approval for probiotics with health claims. Approaches to get approval from EFSA and other countries.
- How to identify functional probiotics. Development of novel screening system and evaluation procedure to identify functional probiotics.
- How probiotics work? Elucidation of underlying mechanism of actions.
- What are the effector molecules mediate health benefits of probiotics. How to identify and how to evaluate the functionality.
- How to characterize probiotic strains. Genetics, functional genomics of probiotic strains.
- How to formulate the probiotics to keep maximum effectiveness.
- Clinical trial of probiotics. What are the current statues of health benefit of probiotics in diverse disorders.
- Future probiotics. Novel function of probiotics.
By attending IPC2019, you will meet carefully selected, top class scientists who influenced the past, influence the present, and most importantly emerging young scientists who will shape the future of probiotics. Facilitating a global co-operation between scientists and institutions is another benefit.
NB! Separate session is planned for presenting papers on the research, development and use of probiotics and prebiotics in animals. Also the Scientific Symposium on Bacteriocins and Antimicrobial Peptides - BAMP2019 and the Regulatory Worshop will take place on Monday 17th June 2019.
Sin-Hyeog Im, Ph.D.
President of International Scientific Conference on Probiotics, Prebiotics, Gut Microbiota and Health
Institute for Basic Science, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Korea