- Professor, Head of the R&D Centre of Molecular Microbiology and Mucosal Immunology (LMMMI), from 2010,
- Coordinator of Ukrainian and Slovakian National Technology Platform “Agro-Food, 2012
- Vice-President and Chief Scientific Officer of “Cassovia Life Science” Regional SK-UA-HU Innovation Centre (CLS), 2013
- President of “Health and Wealth” Association, 2015
Teaching, scientific activity, leading of the projects, networking, management, etc.
Medical Faculty, Uzhhorod National University; 1, Narodna Sq., Uzhhorod UA-88000, Ukraine
PhD, 1994; Doctor of Science’s Degree (D.Sc.), 2010, Microbiology
Technical skills and competences
Microbial manipulations: isolation, cultivation, identification, etc., bacterial preparations, human microbiota and personalized nutrition, bioinformatics and knowledge transfer
- Immune cell sorting procedure (by FACS), transferring of donor mice cells to recipients, immunohistochemistry of tissues
- Isolation and purification of B1/B2, T-cells, NK cells, DCs from peritoneal cavity, spleen, mesenteric lymph nodes, Peyer patches, intraepithelial lymphocytes, etc.
- Fragment tissues and cells culturing
- ELISA, ELISPOT, RIA, Western blot assays for detection of specificity of cellular and humoral mucosal sites responsiveness
- qRT-PCR- Cytokine realize, cell culture proliferation- Infectious models developing with using sterile/gnotobiotic technique – inoculation mice in Traxler isolators
- Clinical trials and cohort studies
- Department of Immunology and Microbiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA – sabbatical research work, visiting scientist in Prof. John J. Cebra laboratory of Mucosal Immunology – experiments on Germ Free and Gnotobiont mice (2002-2004).
- Department of Microbiology, Bayreuth University, Germany, under the supervision of Prof. D. Kleiner – study of Bacillus subtilis structure by means of AFM-microscopy (1999).
- Department of Microbiology, Eötvös Lóránd University, Budapest, Hungary, under the supervision of Prof. K. Márialigeti – genetic analysis of bacteria by polymerase chain reaction methods (1998).
- Department of Microbiology, Czech Agrarian University, Prague, the Czech Republic, under the supervision of Prof. K. Vorišek – computer identification of the bacterial cultures’ strains (1998).
- ETP “FOOD FOR LIFE”
- THE FOOD & HEALTH NETWORK (FHN)
- EUROFIR AISBL
- VISION 2020 FOR HORIZON 2020
- Society of Mucosal immunology (SMI)
- Anaerobe Society (ASA)
- European Society if Infectious Diseases (ESMID)
- Society of Microbial Ecology and Diseases (SOMED)
- Society of Microbiologist of Ukraine (FEMS)
- Society of Allergologist and Immunologists (Ukraine)
Projects (FP7, SEE, COST, Erasmus+)
Jiang, H.-Q., Thurnheer, M.C., Zuercher, A.V., Boyko, N.V., Bos, N.A., and Cebra, J.J. Interactions of commensal gut microbes with subsets of B- and T-cells in the murine host. Vaccine. 2004, 22, 7: 805-811.
Boyko, N.V., Kobuley, D., Weiser, J.N. and Cebra, J.J. Are B1 cells selectively and specifically stimulable by antigen based on their BCR? Clin. Inv. Med. (Suppl.). 2004, 27: 4.
Keilbaugh, S.A., Shin, M.E., Banchereau, R.F., McVay, L.D., Boyko, N., Artis, D., Cebra, J.J., and Wu, G.D. Activation of RegIII (β/γ) and interferon-γ expression in the intestinal tract of SCID mice, an innate response to bacterial colonization of the gut. Gut. 2005, 54: 623-629.
Cebra, J.J., Jiang, H.-Q., Boyko, N., and Tlaskalova-Hogenova, H. The role of mucosal microbiota in the development, maintenance, and pathologies of the mucosal immune system. In Mucosal Immunology, 3rd edition. Elsevier Press. 2005: 335-368.
Cebra, J.J., Bos, N.A., Boyko, N.V., Kushnir, N., Stoel, M., Surh, C., Suzuki, H., Thurnheer, C.M., Wu, G.D., Uchida, K., and Zuercher, A.W. Mutualism between the Mucosal Immune System and Commensal Intestinal Bacteria. I. In OHUS Monograph. 2005, 19 – 23-43.
Konic-Ristic, A., Srdic-Rajic, T., Kardum, N., Aleksić-Veličković, V., Kroon, P., Hollands, W., Needs, P., Boyko, N., Hayran, O., Jorjadze, M., Glibetic, M. Effects of bioactive-rich extracts of pomegranate, persimmon, nettle, dill, kale and Sideritis and isolated bioactives on arachidonic acid induced markers of platelet activation and aggregation / Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. – 2013. – Vol. 93. – P. 3581–3587.
Bene K., Gregus A., Debreceni Z., Boyko N., Rajnavolgyi E. How human monocyte-derived dendritic cells develop and respond to inflammatory stimuli in the gut? // www.frontiersin.org/MyFrontiers/Events/AbstractDetails.aspx?ABS_DOI=10.3389/conf.fimmu. 2013.02.00242
Coman M., Verdenelli M., Cecchin C., Silvi S, Orpianesi C., Boyko N., Cresci A. In vitro evaluation of antimicrobial activity of Lactobacillus rhamnosus IMC 501, Lactobacillus paracasei IMC 502 and SYNBIO against pathogens / Journal of Applied Microbiology. – 2014. – P. 1-10.
Bati V., Boyko N. Compositional food and personalized diets in prevention of human chronic noncomunnicative diseases. // 2014 ENGIHR Conference: The Gut Microbiota Throughout Life. – . – 2014 – http://www.engihr.eu/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bati-V.-and-Boyko-N.pdf Karlsruhe, Germany, 24th-26th September
Chendey, T.V., Rishko, M.V., Boyko, N.V., Kroon P.A. Six weeks ingestion of polyphenol-rich Urtica dioica and Sideritis scardica does not influence endothelial function, blood pressure or lipid profile in patients with coronary artery disease or at high cardiovascular risk; a randomised controlled trial // Ukrainian Medical Journal, Ukrainian Medical Journal – 2014. – No 1(99). – P. 132–136 – http://www.umj.com.ua/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/4202.pdf?upload=
Patent number 90788 Early diagnostic markers of obesity, diabetes and metabolic syndrome / V. O. Petrov, N. V. Boyko / - Appl. 08/01/2014, publ. 10.06.2014 Bull. №11.
Patent number 90789 A method of preventing septic complications and wound infection after tooth extraction bacterial suspension from Bacillus subtilis 090 / V. O. Petrov, V. Rusyn V. I., Boyko N. V. / - Appl. 08/01/2014, publ. 10.06.2014 Bull. №11.
Мokrozub, V. V., Lazarenko, L/ M., Sichel, L. V., Babenko, L. P., Lytvyn, P. M., Demchenko, O. M., Melnichenko,Yu. M., Boyko, N. V., Biavati, B., DiGioia D., Bubnov R. V., Spivak M. Ya / The role of beneficial bacteria wall elasticity in regulating innate immune response / EPMA Journal 2015, 6:13 doi:10.1186/s13167-015-0035-1 http://www.epmajournal.com/content/6/1/13
Bubnov, R. V., Spivak, M.Ya., Lazarenko, L. M., Bomba A. and Nadiya V. Boyko / Probiotics and immunity: provisional role for personalized diets and disease prevention / EPMA Journal, 2015, 6:14 doi:10.1186/s13167-015-0036-0 http://www.epmajournal.com/content/6/1/14