Abstract Submission Guidelines
General Information & Deadlines
1. Abstracts MUST be submitted electronically via the online submission system by the given deadline of 30 April 2019. Abstracts received via fax, e-mail or received after the deadline will not be accepted and therefore will not be considered for the programme or publication.
2. Authors may submit one poster or one oral presentation only.
3. Abstracts are to be submitted into one of the following scientific topics:
- Adverse Effects, Safety
- Biomarkers of Probiotic Efficacy
- Brain-Gut-Liver Axis
- Clinical Trials and Health Claim Substantiation
- Delivery Vehicles
- Diarrhoe Prevention
- Future of Probiotics and Prebiotics – Visions and Opportunities
- Genetics, Functional Genomics, Metabolomics of Probiotics
- Identification, Characterisation of Strains
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Crohn’s Disease
- Mechanisms of Action
- Microbiome of the GIT
- Models to Study Intestinal Interactions
- Modulation of the Intestinal Micro-flora
- Mucosal Health and Integrity
- Non-LAB Probiotics – bifidobacteria, yeasts, bacilli
- Non-mucosal Interaction with the Immune System and Allergy
- Novel Strains and Approaches
- Pediatric Nutrition
- Quality Assurance and Stability
- Quorum Sensing, Quorum Quenching
- Recombinant Probiotics
- Regulatory Issues and Barriers
- Stimulation of the Intestinal Immune System
- Taxonomy – current issues
- Urogenital Applications
- Zoo-technical Benefits
4. A preferred presentation method should be selected during the submission from the following options:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
5. Once the abstract is “submitted” it can be changed until the Abstract Submission Deadline – of 30 April 2019.
6. All abstracts will be reviewed by the Nomination Committee, who will consider its formal aspects and the content. They will decide which abstracts will be accepted and may reconsider the final presentation type.
7. Accepted abstracts will be published in the Conference Proceedings. Abstracts not suitable for display will be rejected. Please have your abstract checked for correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and formal structure. The organiser reserves the right to edit abstracts if necessary prior to the publication in the Conference Proceedings.
8. All presenting authors will receive an acceptance/rejection notification via e-mail by 15 May 2019.
9. All presenting authors are obliged to register and transfer the Registration fee until 22 May 2019. Otherwise the abstract will not be included in the official conference proceedings. If your Organisation/University requires abstract acceptation letter before payment, please contact email@example.com.
9. All abstracts must be written in English and must be author’s own work.
10. The abstract title is limited by 20 words and must be submitted using the sentence case (eg. 'My abstract for IPC will be presented in Prague).
11. Up to 10 authors can be submitted for one abstract (including the presenting author). The presenting author is selected first; other authors can be added only when the presenting author is submitted. However, the author order can be changed if needed by swopping the names in the list of the authors. The first name is considered to be the main author.
12. The abstract length is between 400 - 500 words (tables, graphs and graphics should not be included at all). All submissions should follow the following structure: objectives, method, results and discussion.
13. Corresponding keywords in alphabetical order are mandatory – 5 keywords are required.
Submission of an abstract represents a commitment to either attend the conference or send a knowledgeable substitute who is qualified to present the material and answer questions regarding the reported work.
The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Conference.
Further information on presentation requirements and preparation of posters will be provided in the in the on-line abstract submission module and in additional communication in due time.
In case of any questions or comments or may you need any assistance please kindly contact us preferably via email firstname.lastname@example.org. or on the phone number +420 261 174 312.