Boris A. Shenderov
Education: 1964 - Graduated School of Medicine (MD), Russia; Candidate of Medical Science (1969); Doctor of Medical Sciences (1976); Professor of Microbiology (1979); Active Member of New York Academy of Science (1996).
Affiliations: Director of Moscow State Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology after G.N.Gabrichevsky (MRIEM); Head of Microbial Ecology Laboratory of MRIEM (1989-1994).
Director of Russian Yogurt Corp; Head of Research and Development Centrum of Russian Yogurt Corp (Moskva) (1995-2000); Professor of Department “Technology of Functional, Specialized and Long-term Storage Foods”, Moscow State University of Food Processing (2000-2009); Main Researcher of N.I. Vavilov Institute of General Genetics (Moscow) (2008- 2010); 2010-up to now - Main Researcher of G.N. Gabrichevsky Moscow Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology, Head of Research Group “Probiotics and Functional Foods”.
Other duties: Project Director “Health through Nutrition” in All Russian Association of Restoration Medicine Specialists; Member of the Board of Russian Academy of Active Ageing; Scientific expert of Russian Humanities Fund.
Deputy Head of Editorial Committee of “Clinical Nutrition” (St. Petersburg); Member of Editorial Committee of “Journal of restorative medicine & rehabilition”; Member of Editorial Board of journals: “Dietology problems”, “Microbiology, Epidemiology and Immunobiology” (Russian journals); Microbial Ecology in Health and Disease (International Journal).
Councillor of Executive Board of International Society of Microbial Ecology and Disease (SOMED) 2006-2013; Member of Executive Board of International Society of Gnototobiology (IAG) 2008-2011; President of IAG (2011-2014). Member of Russian Society of Microbiology and Epidemiology after I. Mechnikov
Research interests: Medical Microbial Ecology; Genetics and Epigenetics of Microorganisms; Functional foods; Probiotics, prebiotics, metabiotics; biotechnology.
Publications: above 550 scientific papers and abstracts, including 12 books, 32 inventions
Publication of activity for 2013-2017
- Шендеров БА. Роль питания и кишечной микрофлоры в программировании и реализации эпигенома здоровых и больных людей. Вестник восстановительной медицины. Январь. 2013. Специальный выпуск: 102-107
- Shenderov BA, Midtvedt T. Epigenomic programing: a future way to health? Microbial Ecology in Health &Disease 2014, 25: 24145. http://dx.doi.org/10.3402/mehd.v25.24145
- Oleskin A.V., Zhilenkova O.G., Shenderov B.A., Amerhanova A.M., Kudrin V.S., Klodt P.M. Lactic-acid bacteria supplement fermented dairy products with human behavior-modifying neuroactive compounds. Journal of Pharmacy and Nutrition Sciences. 2014. 4:199-20
- Oleskin AV, G. I. El’-Registan, Shenderov B A. Role of Neuromediators in the Functioning of the Human Microbiota: “Business Talks” among Microorganisms and the Microbiota-Host Dialogue. Microbiology, 2016, Vol. 85, No. 1, pp. 1–22.
- Boris A. Shenderov The microbiota as an epigenetic control mechanism. Chapter 11. In: The Human Microbiota and Chronic Disease: Dysbiosis as a Cause of Human Pathology, First Edition. Edited by Luigi Nibali and Brian Henderson. 2016 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. P. 179-197
- Poletaev AB, Shenderov BA. Autism: Genetics or Epigenetics? ARC Journals of Immunology and Vaccines 2016; Volume 1, Issue 2, 1-7 www.arcjournals.org
- Oleskin AV, Shenderov BA. Neuromodulatory effects and targets of the SCFAs and gasotransmitters produced by the human symbiotic microbiota. Microbial Ecology in Health & Disease 2016, 27: 30971 - http://dx.doi.org/10.3402/mehd.v27.30971
- Oleskin, A.V., Shenderov, B.A. & Rogovsky, V.S. Role of Neurochemicals in the Interaction between the Microbiota and the Immune and the Nervous System of the Host Organism. Probiotics & Antimicrobial. Proteins. (22/02/2017). doi:10.1007/s12602-017-9262-1 , pp1-20
- Shenderov B.Metabiotics: an overview of progress, opportunities and challenges. J Microb Biochem Technol 2017, 9:4 (Suppl) Doi: 10.4172/1948-C1-O29
- Chervinets Yu, Chervinets V, Shenderov B, Ekaterina Belyaeva E, Troshin A, Lebedev S, Danilenko V. Adaptation and Probiotic Potential of Lactobacilli, Isolated from the Oral Cavity and Intestines of Healthy People. Probiotics and Antimicrobial Proteins 2017; https://doi.org/10.1007/s12602-017-9348-9