Dr. Ajay A. Awati
Thought Leadership and technical expertise in animal nutrition and health: more than 10 years of experience in research, development and market driven innovation in Nutrition and Health research. Was awarded 'Early Research Career Award' by Massey University in 2007 for his work in nutrition and health area. Published more than 35 peer reviewed scientific papers and two book chapters with ~700 citations with h-index of 11 and i10 index of 12 (Google Scholar, December 2014). Dr. Awati Is involved in scientific committees for the international conferences and industry associations, such as British Society of Animal Science –Industry Association.
- Dersjant‐Li, Y., Awati, A., Schulze, H., & Partridge, G. (2014). Phytase in Non‐Ruminant Animal Nutrition: A Critical Review on Phytase Activities in The Gastrointestinal Tract and Influencing Factors. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture.
- Santos, R. R., Awati, A., Roubos-Van Den Hil, P. J., Tersteeg-Zijderveld, M. H., Koolmees, P. A., & Fink-Gremmels, J. (2014). Quantitative Histo-Morphometric Analysis of Heat-Stress Related Damage in the Small Intestines of Broiler Chickens. Avian Pathology, (Just-Accepted), 1-14.
- Coles, L. T., Moughan, P. J., Awati, A., & Darragh, A. J. (2013). Optimisation of Inoculum Concentration and Incubation Duration for an< I> In Vitro Hindgut Dry Matter Digestibility Assay. Food Chemistry, 136(2), 624-631.
- Coles, L. T., Moughan, P. J., Awati, A., & Darragh, A. J. (2013). Validation of a Dual In Vivo–In Vitro Assay for Predicting the Digestibility of Nutrients in Humans. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 93(11), 2637-2645.
- Hindmarsh, J. P., Awati, A., Edwards, P. J., & Moughan, P. (2012). NMR‐Based Metabonomics Detection Of Differences in the Metabolism of Hydrolysed Versus Intact Protein of Similar Amino Acid Profile. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 92(9), 2013-2016.