Audrey GUENICHE obtained her Pharmacist degree and her PhD degree in skin biology more than 20 years ago. She is an expert on immunology and microbiology. Her main expertise is on skin topical treatment and food supplement for skin and hair health, especially using probiotics, natural extract and bacterial extracts. She is currently a clinical expert in LOREAL RESEARCH. She has a complete experience from the actives through formulations/ vitro evaluations/ preclinical studies to clinical trials. Her passion is to always reinvent evaluation and find new fields of area in term of actives to promote.
She has published over 110 papers in peer-reviewed journals, 5 chapters in books, 2 specials issues in journal where she was the invited editor. She presented in over 70 international congresses and additionally she was personally invited to give more than 30 plenary conferences.
Bacterial extract or alive microorganisms for helping skin shield
Selected recent publications:
- Gueniche A, D Philippe, S Blum, I Castiel, L Breton, J Benyacoub. Supplementation with oral probiotic bacteria for reactive skin. Beneficial microbes, online 2013
- A Gueniche, I Castiel-Higounenc. Working from inside out: oral administration for beauty and health of skin and hair. Bulletin Technique Gattefossé N° 106 – 2013
- A. Gueniche, J. Benyacoub, N. Bosco, C. Blanchard, A. Demont, D. Philippe, I. Castiel-Higounenc. Immune modulation property of Lactobacillus paracasei NCC2461 (ST11) strain and impact on skin defenses. Beneficial microbes, online 2014
- Giovanna Donnarumma, Brunella Perfetto, Iole Paoletti, Giovanni Oliviero, Cécile Clavaud, Aurelia Del Bufalo, Audrey Gueniche, Roland Jourdain, Maria Antonietta Tufano and Lionel Breton . Analysis of the response of human keratinocytes to Malassezia globosa and restricta strains. Arch Dermatol Res, published online 2014, DOI 10.1007/s00403-014-1479-1
- Achachi Amine, Vocanson Marc, Gaillard Vincent, Poyet Gaëlle, Peguet- Navarro Josette, Castiel-Higounec Isabelle, Breton Lionel, Nicolas Jean François and Gueniche Audrey. UV Radiation Induces the Epidermal Recruitment of Dendritic Cells that Compensate for the Depletion of Langerhans Cells in Human Skin. J Invest Dermatol, published online 2015, DOI 10.1007/s00403-016-2347-3
- Lili Wang, Cécile Clavaud, Avner Bar-Hen,Meng Cui, Jun Gao, Liu Yuanyuan, Chen Liu, Nakako Shibagaki, Audrey Gueniche, Roland Jourdain, Ke Lan, Chiyu Zhang, Ralf Altmeyer and Lionel Breton. Characterization of the major bacterial-fungal populations colonizing dandruff scalps in Shanghai, China, shows microbial disequilibrium. Exp dermatology: published online 2015; DOI: 10.1111/exd.12684
- Attila Gábor Szöllősi, Audrey Gueniche, Odette Jammayrac, Judit Szabó-Papp, Carine Blanchard, Nikolett Vasas, Mónika Andrási, István Juhász, Lionel Breton, Tamás Bíró. Bifidobacterium longum extract exerts pro-differentiating effects on human epidermal keratinocytes, in vitro. Exp dermatology, accepted June 2016
- Audrey Gueniche, Isabelle Castiel-Higounenc. Efficacy of glucosamine sulphate on skin-ageing: results from an ex vivo anti-ageing model and a clinical trial. Skin Pharmacology and Physiology, accepted sept 2016
- Valerio Chiurchiu, Cinzia Rapino, Emanuela Talamonti, Alessandro Leuti, Mirko Lanuti, Audrey Gueniche, Roland Jourdain, Lionel Breton and Mauro Maccarrone. Anandamide Suppresses Proinflammatory T Cell Responses in Vitro through Type-1 Cannabinoid Receptor–Mediated mTOR Inhibition in Human Keratinocytes. The Journal of Immunology, 2016, 197: 000–000, accepted sept 2016
- P. Oyetakin-White, M. Dimaano, M. Lam, P. Bastien, T. McCormick, D. Philippe, I. Castiel-Higounenc, K. D. Cooper, E. D. Baron and A. Gueniche. Oral probiotic protects against UV-induced immunosuppression of the skin in vivo. Trends in Photochemistry & Photobiology, vol 17, 70-73, 2016
- P. Reygagne, P. Bastien, M.P. Couavoux, D. Philippe, M Renouf, I. Castiel-Higounenc, A Gueniche. A clinical study assessing the efficacy of Lactobacillus paracasei NCC2461 ST11 in healthy volunteers with moderate to severe dandruff. Beneficial microbes, accepted February 2017
- Audrey Gueniche, Philippe David, Achachi Amine, Vocanson Marc, Buyukpamukcu Elif, Bastien Philippe, Castiel Isabelle, Breton Lionel, Nicolas Jean François. Lactobacillus johnsonii reinforce skin immune homeostasis following UV exposure and limits some UV-induced damages. British journal of Dermatology, on line 2017