Food Chain Legislation Expert, Pen & Tec Consulting, Spain
EU Food Chain Legislation Expert with over 30 years’ experience in product development and regulatory affairs related to the food chain. Areas of expertise include: extensive knowledge of EU regulations and EFSA guidelines, construction of regulatory strategies for successful market entry, preparation of data audits and GAP analyses, strategic advice at early product development and support for product labelling and marketing options.
Early career spent as a veterinary surgeon, tutoring in finance and marketing for the Open University Business School and various technical and commercial roles concerning the supply of additives to the feed industry.
In 2000, founded Regulatory Affairs Consultancy - Pen & Tec Consulting - whose mission is to provide customised and cost-effective regulatory solutions to organisations seeking access to the EU market for food and feed ingredients, additives and supplements.
Selected Publications, Conferencess and Seminars:
- Mccartney, E. (2014). Regulation of Eu Probiotics Legislative Approaches to Live Micro-organisms Used in Foods. Agro Food Industry Hi Tech, 25, 6.
- 2012 Twelfth International Symposium on Digestive Physiology of Pigs, 29 May –1 June 2012, Keystone Colorado, USA. Effect of a Bacillary Probiotic (Calsporin®, Bacillus Subtilis C-3102) on Health and Performance of Sows and Piglets. T Marubashi, SK Kritas, G Filioussis, G Christodoulopoulos, E Petridou, AR Burriel, E Papadopoulos, A Tzivara, E McCartney
- 2011 Annual Management Forum Seminar, 12 -13 December 2011, London UK. A Regulatory Update on Animal Feed and Feed Additives in the EU. Dr Elinor McCartney.
- 2011 International Conference on Responsible Use of Antibiotics in Animals, 14 -16 November 2011, Egmond Aan Zee, The Netherlands. EU Regulation of Feed and Feed Additives-strategi C Opportunities for Antibiotic Alternatives. Dr Elinor McCartney.
- 2011 International Union of Microbiological Societies Congress, XIII International Congress of Bacteriology and Applied Microbiology, 6 – 10 September 2011, Sapporo, Japan. Improved Zootechnical Performance of Weaned Piglets Using the Probiotic Strain Clostridium Butyricum MIYAIRI 588. Koji Uno, Motomichi Takahashi, Marta Gracia, Carlos Millán, Miroslava Piskoriková, Joaquin Morales, Carlos Piñeiro, Spyridon Kritas, Enric Esteve-Garcia, Kaoruko Yuge, Shusuke Nakanishi, Kentaro Oka, Elinor McCartney, Shigeru Kamiya.
- 2011 International Union of Microbiological Societies Congress, XIII International Congress of Bacteriology and Applied Microbiology, 6 - 10 September 2011, Sapporo, Japan. Efficacy of the Probiotic Strain Clostridium Butyricum MIYAIRI 588 on Broiler Zootechnical Performance and Prevention of Necrotic Enteritis Under EU Conditions. Motomichi Takahashi, Marta Gracia, Pedro Medel, Enric Esteve-Garcia, Borja Vilá, Maria Francesch, Miroslava Piskoriková, Kaoruko Yuge, Shusuke Nakanishi, Kentaro Oka, Koji Uno, Elinor McCartney, Shigeru Kamiya.
- 2011 International Scientific Conference on Probiotics & Prebiotics, 13-15 June 2011 Kosice, Slovakia. Approval of Probiotics in the European Union. Dr Elinor McCartney .
- 2010 International Scientific Conference on Probiotics & Prebiotics, 15 -17 June 2010 Kosice, Slovakia. How to Register Probiotics as Feed Additives in the EU. Dr Elinor McCartney.
- 2010 International Scientific Conference on Probiotics & Prebiotics, 15-17 June 2010 Kosice, Slovakia.Character Isation and Safety of Probiotics– What EFSA Wants. Elinor McCartney, Motomichi Takahashi, Shusuke Nakanishi, Marina Schlieper.
- 2010 International Scientific Conference on Probiotics & Prebiotics, 15-17June 2010 Kosice, Slovakia. Efficacy of Bacillus Subtilis C -3102 Spores in Weaned Pigs. S. Kritas, E. Petridou, G.Valergekis, P. Fortomaris,E. McCartney, T Marubashi.
- 2010 Japanese Society for Bacteriology and Korean Society for Microbiology Joint Meeting March 26 2010, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan. Poster Presentation. Probiotic Effect of Clostridium Butyricum MIYAIRI 588 Strain in Broilers in European Field Trials. M. Takahashi, M. Gracia, J. Sánchez, E. Esteve, M. Schlieper, E. McCartney
- 2009 Asian Pig Veterinary Society 4th Annual Congress, 26-28 October 2009, Tsukuba, Japan. Efficacy of the Thermo -Tolerant Probiotic, Calsporin® in Weaned Piglets. S. Kritas, E. Petridou, E. Siganidou, P. Fortomaris, G. Valergakis, E. McCartney, P. Kürti, T. Marubashi.
- 2009 European Association for Animal Production, 60th Annual Meeting, 24-27 August 2009,Barcelona. Efficacy of a Probiotic (Bacillus Subtilis C-3102) in Weaned Piglets. P. Medel, E. Esteve-García, S. Kritas, V. Bontempo, T. Marubashi, E. McCartney, J. Sánchez